Monday, October 11, 2010

Jane vs. Her Sinuses

The battle began about two weeks ago, when the 100+ degree Texas summer finally decided to move on down to the southern hemisphere and oh, sweet, glorious autumn descended upon the hills of Austin. Thank you 75 degrees for allowing me to open the windows, motivating me run around our lake, and encouraging me to wear long sleeves again. However, I DO NOT thank you for bringing my kryptonite with you.

After seven days of intense frustration, and finally brought myself to see an Allergist. I'm on some new nasal sprays now, but the feud continues, and it will through the end of the month. Bottom line is that I need to get an allergy test done (yah the one where they stick the needles into your back). I have another 2.5 weeks until the antihistamines I've been taking are out of my system to enable me to get the test, whilst I will do more research to see how much this procedure is going to cost me. On a much more positive note- I survived ACL, thanks to Afrin, Nasonex, and a baking soda/water/salt solution. This year's festival was more exhausting than I remember, but just as epicly awesome as always. More to come on that topic... cuz even though I'm still recovering, I still wish I could do it again next weekend.

No comments: