Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Getting older…

On Saturday, I turned 25.
On Sunday, I hurt my back.

We had a classy little dinner to celebrate Chris and my birthdays' Saturday night, so the next day, as I was Swiffering up the evidence, I quite possibly pulled a muscle in my lower back.

Way to go, Jane.

So, not like I had planned to do anything else on Sunday afternoon, but I was pretty restricted to an uncomfortable position on the couch, and the heating pad on the floor. Going to sleep that night was the hardest, because it was really difficult to lie still, and required tremendous effort to move from one side to the other.

And I’d like to point out that I’ve been to FIVE Bikram yoga classes in the last two weeks and I’ve been out running THREE TIMES, not counting volleyball and soccer activities. So, basically… don’t clean without stretching beforehand…

I do feel slightly better today. I can almost walk without leaning forward slightly. But that’s not to say I look any less awkward.

Thankfully, I don’t have skin cancer, but I did have a mole removed yesterday. Underneath the band-aide is a little Frankenstein-esque, so as of today, I’ll take a nerdtastic band-aide over some spider web stitches.

All I can do is laugh at myself. Yesterday was the dermatologist, today I have an appointment with the eye doctor to get an even stronger contact lense persecription, and tomorrow I go back to the allergist for my weekly shot. Sheesh, when did I become so helpless? Oh man, I don't even think I've posted a story about my index finger!
This injury is from Labor Dave Weekend. That time I closed the car door on my finger. Not to fret, after nearly 2 months, it's ALMOST completely healed!

Growing old…always an adventure.


No comments: