Friday, December 30, 2011

Ho Ho Holidays

How was your Christmas? Chris and I hosted our first ever Christmas in Austin. Well, not counting Christmas ’09 where I was snowed in all alone. Needless to say, this year’s was loads better.
Oh, and I got my hair cut. Six whole inches!

My mom so charmingly commented, “Oh, it’s so cool to see the combination of traditions!” We had the Kapka favorites- ham, rolls, fruit salad, and Christmas crackers, right beside Chris’s sweet potato casserole, jalapeno creamed-corn, and Christmas Wife Saver. Not too shabby.
I later realized it was the perfectly sized feast for our dining table.

But, that’s way behind us now. I took all our decorations down last night because we’re off to Houston this weekend to see Chris’s family. He’s cutely excited about it. And I haven’t had Taste of Texas since Tyler graduated from high school, which was basically centuries ago. So I’m pretty excited too.

Have a wonderful New Years! Oh, how I wish I could post the video I’ve been working on for the past three days straight. Alas, its premier is postponed until next Friday.

Peace out 2011!

No comments: