Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Vacation Dreams

Chris and I went to Houston this weekend to visit his family. On Friday night, our first stop was the surprisingly hip Katy wine bar, The Cellar Door. If you’re ever on Mason Road, this place is definitely worth a stop. I tried their GNO Peach Wine (tasted like fruit juice) and the 14% ABV Viognier. The cheese plate and flatbread caprese pizza was also delicious. While we were drinking and dining Chris brought up how depressing my last blog entry was. I know, I’m sorry, it was bad.

So, to contrast that, this next post is 100% positive.

Lately I have been thinking more and more about my goals and dreams. There are a lot of places out there I want to visit someday. I hope to get to all of them, and as long as I keep saving money, I definitely think they are possible.

Harry Potter World

All the US National Parks (or, as many of them as I can, because there's a lot of them)
Grand Canyon

Yosemite

Glacier (and the rest of Montana!)

Big Bend

Attend Coachella and Bonaroo
Visit New England in the Fall – drink Yingling
See the Cherry Blossoms in DC
Cruise the Mediterranean – Italy, Greece, and Spain
Australia (Oprah definitely reinforced this desire)
Switzerland and the Alps
Machu Picchu
Polynesian Islands... Bora Bora, Fiji, Tahiti, etc. This one will probably have to wait until I make the big bucks.

Sometimes when I think about all the places I want to go, I start to get mad at myself for not going to them now. What am I doing wasting my time with regular life? I have to tell myself to relax and reflect. I've been extremely fortunate to have already seen a bunch of amazing places and hopefully I'll have the chance to see a bunch more places too.

Where do you want to go? What am I missing from my list?

No comments: