Thursday, September 6, 2012

Musical Discoveries

What are you guys listening to these days?

I'm been suffering through a dry spell of new music lately. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of all the pop-folk bands like The Head and the Heart, Givers, Mumford and Sons, Edward Sharpe, Lumineers, etc. etc. but even though I dig their stuff, it all sounds very similar. Sometimes I'll have a day or two where I just want to listen to the later Beatles or other classics and the past two days I've been continuously streaming Dave Matthews Band's new album, Away from the World (check it out!) but I am now, more than ever, needing something new.
What do you recommend?

My primary source for new music is a blog I know I've mentioned before, Austin Bloggy Limits. He gives a solid rundown of the bands playing around town, most of which I've never heard of. Then I'll use Spotify to check them out.

What else do I need to hear?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Lila and I have been listening to the "Princess and the Frog" soundtrack. It comes highly recommended on our Disney Pandora station.