Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas Card Display

When we returned from Kansas, I was delighted to find our first Christmas card in the mail. Of course the Hutson's would be miles ahead of everybody else this year, they have a new baby to show off. Receiving our first card reminded me that I had wanted to create a Pinteresty display for this year's cards. Last year, my Martha-est friend created something similar to this for her dining room table.
Yes, Stephanie trumps us all, again.
(image via Marthastewart.com)
Not wanting to steal her idea, or take the time required to make it, I searched Pinterest for something easier.
source
image via countryliving.com
And, after almost buying 30 clothespins for $6 on Amazon, I decided to use something I already have lots of, binder clips! Behold, my creation:
I had made that paper wreath sometime last year, so all I had to do was clip some shiny silver binder clips onto the ribbon. Genius, I tell you.

Now, more people just need to send us cards! I promise they will be on display in our dining room for all to enjoy.



1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yay! I'm glad you are showing off our card. We are doing the tree branch in a vase thing. I just walked into the front yard, picked up some branches, threw them in a vase and added paper clips. I pinned that exact same picture that you have! Great minds, Jane.