Monday, November 20, 2017

Last Weekend in Sydney

There were two big things on my Sydney bucket list that I just didn't have time to get to:
1. Weekend in Melbourne
2. Visit the Hunter Valley

Instead, I spent my last weekend exploring locally.
Saturday, my coworker picked me up in her brand new Audi to check out Palm Beach. It was gorgeous.
The views of Palm Beach
Hiking up to Barrenjoey Lighthouse
Anna and I enjoying the views of the beach and the bay


Overcast and clouds but no rain



Barrenjoey Lighthouse
And on Sunday, I woke up early to first explore the Chinese Garden of Friendship, just near my home.






That afternoon, I met another coworker to repeat the views from the Coogee-to-Bondi beach walk. This was probably my favorite thing about Sydney, so I made time to do it twice.
The view from Lauren's deck

that water though

Coogee

Lauren did the first part of the walk with me but had to get on with her day, while I kept trudging





You can see the clouds start coming in as the afternoon progresses, and I did get hit with a bit of rain as I caught the bus back downtown. All in all, it was a truly wonderful last weekend in Sydney.

No comments: