Tuesday, November 8, 2011

30 Days of Thankful - part 1

Ok, I know I’m several days behind on this, but I really like the idea. Every day in November, people have been posting on their blog/facebook about various things they are thankful for. Check out my friend Rachel’s posts about her hubs, siblings, and the military. I’m thankful she has those things too. But I’m also thankful for 8 other things! So, let’s just pretend I did these on the correct dates.

November 1st- I know I’ve said this before, but I am ever-so-thankful for my Austin framily. We have the best times together playing sports, board games, cooking, laughing, and sometimes crafting. Austin would not mean what it does to me without them.
Warrior Dash, Fall 2010

November 2nd – Speaking of Austin, another thing I’m very thankful for is sunshine, and here in Texas, we sure do get a lot of it. I once read an article about people actually being addicted to the sun. Like, in the same sense you can be addicted to coffee. I’m pretty sure I’m one of those people. Good thing it’s almost always sunny here.
Sarah and I at Kite Fest last March.

November 3rd – I’ll just segue right along here, with the third thing I’m thankful for… coffee. I know I’m addicted to it, because a morning is never happy without a little cup ‘o jo. I blame my parents for starting me on this path. It was they who first suggesting I start drinking coffee before my freshman year 8am classes. If not for their encouragement, I’d probably still be saying, “No, I only like Frappuccinos.” But since then, I drink just a cup or two every day. Any less than that and I’ll get a headache and just NEVER seem to wake up. Anymore than that and I’m practically drunk with energy. Not to say it isn’t hilariously entertaining…
November 4th – I am thankful for my happy childhood. On Fridays for the past few months, Chris and I have played in a coed soccer league. Playing soccer today is just as hard for me as it was when I was a little kid. I remember my mom and dad being actively involved in all my brothers’ and my activities. Although I wasn’t developed enough to appreciate it, I am so thankful that they were willing to sacrifice their own interests to coach us, drive us, and watch us from the stands.

November 5th - Playing soccer makes me think of running, which makes me think of nice weather (kind of already covered that) and another very important thing to be thankful for… my health! When I hurt my back a few weeks ago I once again realized how important it is to build strong bones and muscles. So people, try to walk more. Heck, maybe even run. Get outside. Do stuff. I bet you will return even happier than when you left the house. So, I am thankful I healed up from all my injuries so quickly. I am thankful that I have good lungs and strong legs that allow me to walk and run.
and jump too!

November 6th – Chris left for Germany Sunday morning, leaving me alone for 10 days. Alone, hahaha, silly me. I am not alone. For I am thankful for Khyra. Khyra cat and I had some serious bonding time Sunday afternoon as I watched the last few episodes of Sex and the City and moved right along into the movie. Khyra loves me. And… I think I’ve learned to love her too.
November 7th - In keeping with my "Vegetarian for 10 Days" goal, last night I made zucchini pizzas for dinner. They were topped with mountains of veggies and were seriously delicious. I couldn't follow the recipe exactly, as it instructed one to first grill the zucchini slices, like, on a grill. Well, for one, it was raining last night (RAIN!) and for two, I'm not the grillmaster in this little household. So, as enterprising as I am, I grilled them on one of my most favorite inventions ever, and oh, how I am thankful for my George Forman Grill. Chris hates this little device, but I still use it all the time. I'm sure my love for this $15 appliance developed from the weird infatuation my friends had with it. I then passed it along to my family, who quickly fell in love with theirs too. So, thanks "Georgie" (as my mom calls it) for helping me grill my zucchini, sandwiches, and other delicious meals.
November 8th – TODAY. See, it was easy to catch right back up! I’ve been meaning to do a whole entire post about this little love of mine, yet something else always seems to come up. So, in a quick little blurb… I am thankful for the public library! Free books are one of the greatest things ever. I've used the Austin Public Library to read bestsellers like, Bossypants, The Hunger Games, and most recently, Jane Lynch's autobiography,
Learned a lot.

I just got notice that my next requested book is available for pick up, so after work tonight I'm gonna run over there to pick up,
Libraries are just the best.

What are you thankful for??

No comments: