Monday, July 26, 2010

A Week of Relaxation and a New Job!

Monday was my first day at my new job! I can already tell it's immensely different from Leahy. See what time this was posted? That's right- some places don't expect you to work more than 40 hours a week. I have freedom again!

Speaking of which- wow, how nice is summer vacation? I spent 7 days at the pool, on the couch, and running errands. And it was awesome. My shoulders may be slightly pealing, and I probably spent $200 that would have been otherwise avoided, but being a stay at home girlfriend is kind of amazing.

I made spaghetti, ham & cheese quiche, Chicken Paprikash, and yesterday my friends and I rolled sushi from scratch! I cleaned the apartment from top to bottom, caught up on 6 seasons of the Hills, and Jackie and I painted fish. What a week.

And now- time to bring in the $. LIM is a bigger office than I thought, and it feels a lot like first coming to UT or BVN. Once I get my direct route down from my cube to the kitchen I'll feel more comfortable. yeah- I have a cube. It's small, but I am eager to decorate it. Chris has a huge RX8 Rasterbation in his, so I might use that as inspiration. Suggestions for conversation starters are encouraged. Most of the office is Asian, but there's a surprisingly decent amount of women. I may borrow from Lauren's trip to the spa, and recommend that as a team building exercise. More to come as I continue learning the ropes...

No comments: