Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Nerves

I cannot remember the last time I’ve felt this uneasy. Show week in high school? Yeah, I was a mess during those weeks. Which is funny, because most of the time, I try to be a pretty laid-back person.
I feel like I’m unprepared. I feel like my last long run was weeks ago and my legs aren’t going to be ready for so many miles on Saturday. I feel like my training regime has been totally messed up since my back injury. I feel like I should have pushed myself harder and run 14 miles before the race. Like I had originally intended to. Heck, my initial schedule had me running 13.1 miles on February 25th. That never happened. It should have happened.

In the book, Dawn recounts her own marathon experience in a hilariously horrifying journal entry. Her experience was so horrible. Her knee starts hurting before the race begins. She breaks her mp3 player. She has to sit down and rest. She limps to the finish line.

I just want this whole thing to be over with so I can get on with my life.

No comments: