Monday, March 26, 2012

ReCap10k

Yesterday I participated in my first official 10k race. The Statesman Capital 10,000 is the fifth largest 10k in America and the largest 10k in Texas. This year they claim to have had 23,000 registrants. I don’t deny it, I thought the race was extremely crowded and had a lot of walkers. Still, it was so great to see so many people being active and enjoying the beautiful (albeit, hot) March day. If you’re nervous about finishing the 6.2 miles, this is definitely the 10k for you. Our company had 20 participants and finished in anywhere from 45 minutes to over 2 hours. We placed 15th out of the 37 Corporate Challenge teams. Way to go to the freaks at National Instruments who ran it in 34-41 minutes/each. Ridiculous.
Yay Team Morningstar!

Only 2 more runs until Saturday's race. I am definitely nervous.

No comments: