Friday, February 22, 2008

the clique that talks about other cliques

Dr. Phil stops taping in 3 weeks, just in time for Spring Break. Therefore I have to find another internship for remainder of the semester. I was getting discouraged after emailing Ugly Betty, Smallville, Greek, and My Boys and not hearing anything back, but my spirits changed this morning. On my way into Paramount the Production Coordinator for CBS’s Moonlight called in response to am email I sent the WB Human Resource department yesterday. I have a job interview on Monday! Once I got to my desk, I IMDBed the show and discovered that I definitely need to do some serious vampire research. Thankfully they have old episodes online, since I had never even heard of the show until yesterday. But the interview is on Monday, so I’ve got time to prep.

San Diego this past weekend was amazing. It was surreal seeing Rachel, Rich, and Ari on the beach in Cali. Reggie called yesterday and reminded me how truly weird it is I’m hanging out in LA with somebody I have known since elementary school. The 10 of my UT friends who came down really liked the KC kids also. We arrived mid-day on Saturday eager to hit the beach, and after a delicious BJ’s lunch we did just that. The scenery was gorgeous. I saw a lot of surfers, waded in the ocean, and built sand castles. Some of us thought it would be amusing to “not tell” the rest of the group where we walking to, and after getting far along enough, were not disappointed by their reaction. If you get past the stairs, UCSD’s beach is a nude beach, and was indeed filled with pant-less men walking around freely. It would make a better story to say that we all partook in the festivities; however it was definitely enough for me just to see the expressions on people’s faces when they realized where they were. Saturday night we ate seafood along the bay and spent way too long walking around the Gaslamp district downtown. We ended up at a bar which played live 80s music, and turned out to be worth the required patience. As with every UTLA outing, some drama ensued, but by the next morning we were all friends again. On Sunday we toured around the zoo, had Thai food for dinner, and got to go to Yogurt World, the best part of SD. It had around 10 different flavors of yogurt, 50 different toppings, and you pay by the ounce. Sadly it’s not publicly traded, or I think I’d definitely be buying some Yogurt World stock.

I was missing Austin (the city) a bit yesterday during the debates, and am super jealous of everybody who got to be there. Yet, besides that, and random emails from Erin with Live Sports, I like LA more every day. Even though the traffic is annoying, it provides a great time to listen to music or make phone calls. My commute takes from 15-30 minutes, which is about the same as the time it takes me to get to Cinzetti’s or CCS all summer. Yet that didn’t include seeing the Capitol Records building, the Hollywood sign, and Griffith Observatory every day.

About 15 of us are going to Disneyland tomorrow. Obviously, I’m very excited about that one. Charlie Wilson’s War is showing on the Paramount lot tonight, and the Oscars are on Sunday. At some point I need to make it out to Vons to pick up some groceries for the week, I’m going through serious Fresca withdrawal.

Mmmk so the end of LOST. Maybe it wasn’t as shocking as other conclusions, but talk about making things more complicated. Sheesh!

No comments: