Friday, March 27, 2015

Thailand Part 9 - Reunited with Kimber

At this point in my travels I met up with my friends, and stopped emailing my parents almost entirely. Thus, I'll recap the rest of my journey from memory.

Friday, March 13th

I took it easy this morning, enjoyed a slow breakfast at the hotel and lots of air conditioning.
In Cambodia, I stayed at the Okay1 Villa, which was a recommendation of a friend from high school. The hotel was extremely comfortable, but a bit away from the main stretch of town. Thus, I would not recommend it for individuals traveling solo.

Later that day, my driver took me on his motobike to the Siem Reap airport. He work my backpack across his chest, and I road on the back. It was pretty nerve-wrecking!

To get to Koh Samui from Siem Reap, I had to fly through Bangkok. Although it was a pretty easy trip, this leg was the most expensive of all the flights.

In Koh Samui, we stayed at the Marine Bungalows. 5 Star recommendation. It's on the beach, super cheap, and convenient to get anywhere. Worth every penny.

Made it to Ko samui. Paradise at last.

Reunited with Kimber

Downtown Chaweng

Odd Number of Tequila Shots with a Russian Tourist


No comments: